Client Engagement Associate
Burkett Asset Management Limited
Suite 222, 3561 Shelbourne Street
Victoria, BC, V8P 4G8
Burkett Asset Management is a fast-growing independent investment management firm based in Victoria, British Columbia managing more than 200 million dollars on behalf of institutions, other advisors, and high net-worth clients across a number of diversified strategies.
The firm is registered under NI 31-103 in the category of Portfolio Manager with the British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Yukon and Ontario Securities Commissions. Our robust category of registration commands that we act solely in our client’s best interest as legal fiduciaries and is a point of pride and professional ethics as we go about our work.
Burkett Asset Management is seeking a Client Engagement Associate to join its growing team. The Client Engagement Associate will focus on client-facing service activities with a strong emphasis on expanding and maintaining current client relationships while building new ones. In this role you will be an integral part of our high performance team, servicing the financial needs of high net worth individuals, families, institutional clients, and advisors.
• Addressing client and advisor account inquiries and responding in a timely manner
• Developing strong partnerships with team members across disciplines and leveraging their expertise to resolve clients’ issues
• Facilitating and conducting administrative activities for the purpose of documentation and execution of new accounts openings, new client onboarding and overall ongoing account maintenance
• Addressing and managing ongoing client and counterparty information requests and collaborating with internal partners as well as external service providers to compile the requested information
• Accurately and reliably maintaining and updating client information, client holdings and market values on the CRM system
• Supporting the firm’s Portfolio Management team by coordinating and attending client meetings, preparing presentation materials, as well as performance reviews, proposals, and other marketing materials
• Collaborating with event planner to coordinate client events and proactively contributing ideas for client engagement activities and initiatives
• Working with other team members to complete common projects in a timely manner
• Actively participating in initiatives geared towards developing and building the Burkett client experience
A career in Investment Management is challenging and fast-paced. Our clients have justifiably high expectations of our firm personnel. A high regard for accuracy and attention to detail are essential as are excellent written and verbal communication skills. Preference will be given to applicants who meet the following requirements:
• Previous experience within back-office operations would be an asset
• University degree, in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline
• Professional ethics and integrity second to none
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years in financial services, fund managers, dealer firms and/or advisors
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Advanced MS Excel and Powerpoint skills
Qualified candidates can submit their cover letter and resume addressed to Burkett Hiring Committee, subject: Client Engagement Associate. No inquiries, please.
To apply please submit your resume, cover letter, and a copy of transcripts (if applicable).