Private Client Assistant
Burkett Asset Management
Suite 222, 3561 Shelbourne Street
Victoria, BC, V8P 4G8
Burkett Asset Management is a fast-growing independent investment management firm based in Victoria, British Columbia managing more than 200 million dollars on behalf of institutions, other advisors, and high net-worth clients across a number of diversified strategies.
The firm is registered under NI 31-103 in the category of Portfolio Manager with the British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Yukon and Ontario Securities Commissions. Our robust category of registration commands that we act solely in our client’s best interest as legal fiduciaries and is a point of pride and professional ethics as we go about our work.
Burkett Asset Management is seeking a Private Client Assistant to join its growing team. The Private Client Assistant is responsible for ensuring consistently superior levels of client service, supporting the portfolio manager in managing accounts, and is a key contributor to overall development of the business.
The responsibilities of the position include:
• Support the Portfolio Manager in serving clients
• Identify, investigate, and resolve all client requests
• Manage all aspects of account opening and documentation and maintain client cash flows and balances
• Maintain records and files and attend client meetings as required
• Proactively assist with client management of appointments and scheduled meetings / calls
• Stay current with all Burkett Policies & Procedures
• Assist other team members and continue to strengthen cross-business working relationships
A career in Investment Management is challenging and fast-paced. Our clients have justifiably high expectations of our firm personnel. A high regard for accuracy and attention to detail are essential. Preference will be given to applicants who meet the following requirements:
• University Degree
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Past experience in a support or admin role
Qualified candidates can submit their cover letter and resume addressed to Burkett Hiring Committee, subject: Private Client Assistant. No inquiries, please.